Welcome

Welcome to Regatta Game!

Modérateurs : Admin anglais, Admin bis

limelight
Joueur

Re: Welcome

Message par limelight » 27 août 2019 15:48

Glenn a écrit :
limelight a écrit :There is a way, but so complicated it's not worth it. When you click on a competitor, the game shows a track, in the cache or using the developer's tools of your browser, you can recover the points that drew the track, the last lat/lon being the value where the boat is, you then repeat the operation 10 minutes later and get the new value. Calculate the distance between the 2 points and multiply by 6, that was the speed 10 minutes ago.
strewth John :D
It's not so bad if you're really interested. I just tried on "Mezzo" who is near me going around Oz.

The command I used was this: view-source:http://www.regattagame.net/rg/rg2.0/cal ... 32,0&ZOO=7

and I got:
var trac = [[[127.19941610,-12.91343880]],[[127.19941610,-12.91343880],[127.47520293,-12.55645117]],[[127.47520293,-12.55645117],[127.50001539,-12.52054116]],
++++++++++++++++++++++++

10 minutes after I simply do a refresh and I get the updated position.

But I agree it could be a tad simpler :mrgreen:
Check https://madinstro.net/rg/ for handy navigation tools.

Kingfisher829
Joueur

Message par Kingfisher829 » 28 août 2019 12:41

Thanks John, i'll possibly give it a go during a race... and if i do need it, i know where to go :D
regards

Glenn ( aka Kingfisher829 )

Paradise
Joueur

Message par Paradise » 31 août 2019 10:44

I was considering an little easier way to find your competitors boatsspeed.
Look in the ranking table, at your distance to the leader and that of your competitor. After 10 min. and an update, you check again and can see the new distance to the leader. If your distance has increase to you competitors: your are sailing slower. Take the difference in distance from the leader to you and to your competitor and multiply by 6, add or subtract from your boatspeed and voila your compititors boatspeed.

limelight
Joueur

Message par limelight » 31 août 2019 23:29

Paradise a écrit :I was considering an little easier way to find your competitors boatsspeed.
Look in the ranking table, at your distance to the leader and that of your competitor. After 10 min. and an update, you check again and can see the new distance to the leader. If your distance has increase to you competitors: your are sailing slower. Take the difference in distance from the leader to you and to your competitor and multiply by 6, add or subtract from your boatspeed and voila your compititors boatspeed.
That would be true if both boats are on the same line, but if they are on different headings all bets are off. Say you are sailing towards the finish line and the other boat is sailing at 90 degrees to it (because he is waiting to get to the righ spot before tacking towards the mark) then his distance to the finish line won't change and it will seem he is slower than you when he actually may be faster. The ranking is done by measuring the distance to the finish line (or to an intermediate gate) it's not actually measuring the distance beween boats.
Check https://madinstro.net/rg/ for handy navigation tools.

blzblz
développeur

Message par blzblz » 01 sept. 2019 00:44

Please don't bogart the welcome thread with technical issues ;)

Feel free to open new threads.

There is no way to see other skippers heading, speed, twa or whatever within the interface.
This is wanted because who really cares ?

Sail free

Répondre

Revenir à « Welcome / New Players »