0ctober 4 17h00 UTC+2: Update to one decimal wind value to compute the boat speed

What's up on Regatta Game?

Modérateurs : Admin anglais, Admin bis

blzblz
développeur

0ctober 4 17h00 UTC+2: Update to one decimal wind value to compute the boat speed

Message par blzblz » 02 oct. 2020 20:08

The game will be updated Sunday October 4 at 17h00 UTC+2.

Up to now, a wind cell of 19.8 kts, 20.2 or 20.4 was always a wind of 20.0 kts to compute the boat speed.

This update will take in account the first decimal of the wind speed to compute the boat speed.

Very light change, but after this update, a wind cell of 0.4 kts will no more be a wind cell of 0.0 kts...

limelight
Joueur

Re: 0ctober 4 17h00 UTC+2: Update to one decimal wind value to compute the boat speed

Message par limelight » 02 oct. 2020 21:58

Hi Blaise,
This piece of news will be welcome by all I am sure!

For those of you who use my VMC/VMG calculators, they work just fine with decimal wind speeds!

Cheers,

John
Check https://madinstro.net/rg/ for handy navigation tools.

Paradise
Joueur

Re: 0ctober 4 17h00 UTC+2: Update to one decimal wind value to compute the boat speed

Message par Paradise » 05 oct. 2020 08:20

Yes , this is a change very much welcome

it was really frustrating that a proper wind of 0.4 kts, changed your boat to a static fishing platform, in stead of a slowly trawling one :D ;) ; especially when you are some yards away from the next block with proper wind speeds :twisted:

lets sail on.

limelight
Joueur

Message par limelight » 14 oct. 2020 02:45

For those of you who use my calculators, I noticed a small difference between them and RG and I determined that the RG's interpolated boat speeds were rounded to 2 decimal places whereas while I displayed 2 decimals, I did not do any rounding internally. It made very little difference, yet it affected the VMG calculations. I now round the interpolated boat speeds to 2 decimals before calculating VMG/VMC just the same as RG does.

All calculators have now been updated so if you use them, you may download a new copy.

Cheers,

John
Check https://madinstro.net/rg/ for handy navigation tools.

Répondre

Revenir à « News »